Friday, December 03, 2004

Mysterious Ways

Well, it's Friday evening, and I'm still here in Eugene. I had planned on going down to Santa Cruz, leaving early this morning, but that got cancelled, entirely. What happened? God said no.

I should start a couple days back, at our Wednesday youth group meeting. During prayer time, Pastor Anthony expressed his concern about my riding my motorcycle down to California in this weather, and they prayed for me. We prayed about all sorts of other things, too, but they kept praying for my safety, over and over. I guess they were a little worried, too. Later, the pastor told me he was a little worried. He didn't say he thought it was any word from God that I shouldn't go, but he did have his reservations. Naturally so, of course, since that is a long trip in potentially bad weather on a motorcycle.

Well, come down to the night of, and I had still had trouble with the motorcycle registration. The previous owners haven't been able to get the title from the bank yet, because the bank, as usual, is taking its sweet time. And without it, I have been unable to register the motorcycle. In discussing with my dad, we decided it would be best if I waited until the DMV opened this morning, to call and tell them about the situation and ask what I could do. Specifically, I was hoping there would be some way that they could accept a written bill of sale from the previoius owner as proof that it's my motorcycle now, and register it with that. Well, they said that wouldn't work. They said that without the title, which we don't have yet, I can't register the bike. Period. And if I drive it unregistered, I could get a moving violation. Which would mean a huge fine, plus my license would get suspended, since it would be my fourth moving violation. I can't afford that. So the trip was off. Just like that? Yep, just like that.

I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to go down. I wanted to go to Ian's wedding. And I wanted to see the boys down in Santa Cruz, it's been a good long while. But the way I see it, everyone's prayers were answered. They all prayed so hard that God would keep me safe this weekend. God answered, "Don't worry, he's not going."

I've learned not to argue with God. And I've learned not to be upset when God does something I would have rathered He not do. Because God always knows what's best. Always. So I would have liked to go down to Santa Cruz, but clearly that wasn't a good idea at this time. So I'll go down later. I'll just have to postpone this trip. And it's for the best, so how can I be upset?

Anyways. So I'm still here. But as it turns out, I'm not driving my bike anymore! Not until I get it registered. It stays in the garage until then.

Well, I guess I'll see some of y'all in church on Sunday, after all. And SC people: It's just a matter of when, not if.

I think I'm going to clean my room this weekend. It's been needing it for a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your awareness to God in the decision to stay home for the weekend. While you would have preferred to attend the wedding and see friends your staying home was a very wise and prudent call and a testimony of obedience to our Lord. Besides, I'm sure your parents appreciate a clean room!
Carry on my man!