Thursday, March 17, 2005

Good to My Committment

I said I wasn't going to put off procrastination. And good to my word, I got right to it.

It's Thursday, March 17th, midnight and eighteen minutes. My take-home final is due in 12 hours and 42 minutes. When I am finished with it, I will be finished with school for the term.

And finished with the U of O, permanently.

I can't remember if I've really mentioned that on here yet, or not. This will have been my last term at the UO. I intend to take a class or two over at Lane, if I can work out all the registration and financial aid. If not, maybe I'll put it off until summer. I only have two or three general education classes left, anyways, and I can space them throughout.

In the fall, I will be transferring to Northwest Christian College. Fear not, fear not, I'm not leaving. I said I intended to stay here in Eugene, and I still do. But for those of you who are not acquainted with the surroundings, NCC is here in Eugene; adjacent, in fact, to the UO.

At NCC, I will be a Youth Ministry major. It only makes sense. It's what I love to do, more than anything. And I think that finding that passion for my subject of study is the only thing that will get me through school.

The eventual goal, of course, is still seminary. And the seminary of choice is still Multnomah Biblical Seminary up in Portland, in order that I might remain here in Eugene while I'm in seminary.

By the time I get to NCC, it will be my 14th school in 16 years. That's a lot of moving around. Especially when I know high school students who have gone to a grand total of three schools in their lives, including their current one; or, for some college students, make that four.

So those are the plans.

But all of this planning aside, we're still stuck here with this final. I've been thinking since Monday about just getting it done and out of the way. Why? you might ask. After all, that is fairly uncharacteristic of me. Well, because I want to be done with the UO. I want to be able to move on.

But here it is, Wednesday night/Thursday morning, and I still haven't even started. And I'm writing on here instead. Do I even know what the questions are that I must answer, let alone what my answers will be? No, of course not. Do I even feel like doing it now, even though it be—literally—the midnight hour? No, actually I feel much more inclined to sleep.

Uncharacteristic it would indeed have been.

But I do want to be done with this. So that I can put it behind me. So that I can start thinking about the future. Haha, and so that I can get away from all those freakin' liberal UO commies.

Guess I better get crackin'.

No comments: